Thursday, October 4, 2018

Old Doyle Family Photos

While in County Kerry, Ireland this past summer, several times I met up with a family of third cousins on the Doyle line to talk about our common ancestors. They brought me sacks of photographs to peruse, and C photographed them for me. This blog post is for all of my Doyle cousins to enjoy. I have identified people known to me, and if any of you Doyles can add to the names-dates-places or provide context, please email me at rusynsusan@gmail.com.

The pics are not in any sensible order. It is best that I get them up now rather than take the time to make this an organized post. I have more photos than shown here and will add them over time.

If any of you have Doyle-related photographs to add, send as .jpg to the email above! And feel free to invite others to view these.


EK Sullivan, S Sullivan, JF Sullivan Jr., Holyoke Massachusetts c. 1942

the woman in the middle right looks like Molly Brosnahan, and the woman front right may be Katie Brosnahan Griffin

L to R back: Tom Doyle, Francis Ashe, Anna Brosnahan, John Murphy, Molly Brosnahan; children: John F. Sullivan Jr., John Doyle (Tom's boy), Katherine Nelligan, Holyoke c. 1908


 Larry Griffin and Katie Brosnahan Griffin; baby is probably Mary Alice Griffin c. 1929

 Frances Ashe Leahey, Henry M. Leahey, child could be daughter Dorothy c. 1919

Katie Brosnahan Griffin with children Mary and Tommy, South Hadley Massachusetts c. 1931

Larry Griffin with Agnes Nelligan??? on his wedding day, Holyoke Massachusetts 1927

baby Mary Alice Griffin w/ mother Katie Brosnahan Griffin, South Hadley Massachusetts c. 1930


unknown baby and man, John F. Sullivan Jr., Holyoke Massachusetts

Jim and Frances Ashe, Holyoke Massachusetts c. 1908; Jim is my grandfather; these children were orphans being raised by their grandmother, Mama Doyle, and a tribe of relatives


John F. Sullivan Sr.?, Holyoke Massachusetts c. 1920

No comments:

Post a Comment