Monday, March 9, 2020

Something's Missing

Costco is never out of ANYTHING, but now they are. You never see empty space like this in the warehouse:




However, our local store has partially filled the TP space with water, kleenex and wipes:


I've heard interesting reports from several of our So. California family members. Their Costcos are out of TP, water and rice. Rice! Yesterday I stopped at the Nampa Idaho Costco (on my way to T's), and they are also wiped clean of TP, sorry. There is some water left and several carts passed me holding 3 cases each. Perhaps the store has set a limit of 3? Today I heard the Pocatello Costco is also out of TP. While on my way to Idaho a friend sent me a message saying our local Costco had just gotten some in. Am sure it didn't last long.

I'm guessing the reason our Costco still has water is that people here in the Pacific NW are less likely to depend on bottled water, as our tap water is yummy. There's nothing about Covid-19 that says our plumbing is going to quit working, right? As for TP, Covid-19 rarely causes intestinal problems. However, if you're going to be quarantined, you definitely do not want to run out of the stuff.


This is all so interesting, to see how people react in a crisis and what they value.

No comments:

Post a Comment