Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Separated at Birth?


I was recently asked to be a den leader to a group of Cub Scouts. Anna, the co-den leader who was a new acquaintance, came over to my house to deliver some information. She saw the antique family photos on our wall and was curious about them so I explained briefly who they were and where they were from.

When I got to Craig’s Texas clan and said some were Sellers, she said she had Sellers in her background too. Hers were from the Waco area. So are Craig’s. She detailed her ancestry: she is descended from Emmeline Sellers who had brothers Marvel and Orrin, and a sister Bell Zora. Yikes, my eyes popped out of my head. Could there be two different Sellers families from central Texas with those peculiar names? Not on your life! Anna and my husband are fourth cousins!

Take a look.  Can you see any resemblance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment