Saturday, November 12, 2011

Home Sew Extravaganza


The other day I fondly wrote about my old sewing patterns.  B-o-r-i-n-g.

So today I bring you . . . . my Home Sew catalogs!

These Home Sew catalogs bring back sweet memories of a simpler time.   Home-Sew mailed out a 60-page catalog every couple of months.  Free shipping came with a minimum order [$15 ??], and you could subscribe to their sample club which meant you’d get pieces of lace and trim and elastics glued to a card, offered at bargain prices.  Sometimes they offered a generous grab bag of trims or buttons or craft items for 50 cents or a buck.  Coming across a pile of these ancient catalogs brought back happy memories of planning and ordering for sewing projects, then creatively putting together dresses, shirts, jackets, and jumpsuits.   My friend Janet and I sometimes combined our order to get free shipping.

It has been years since I've done the kind of sewing that requires the materials sold by Home Sew.  But hey, guess what?   I just looked for Home Sew online, and it's still there!  And they still have the sample club!   I'll have to take a closer look to see if their prices are still the best around.

Off to the recycle bin, faithful catalogs.  I enjoyed knowing you.

 Home Sew sample club

No comments:

Post a Comment